As a unionized workforce, we have seen firsthand the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and know that a strong union voice is the best way to keep Michigan moving forward. With that in mind, SEIU Local 517M is excited to announce that in collaboration with the Michigan State Employees Association (MSEA) and Michigan Corrections Organization (MCO) it has formally launched a joint partnership to further advance, recognize and advocate on behalf of state employees across Michigan.
This joint collaboration, known as the Coalition of State Employee Unions (CSEU), is intended to amplify the voice of union workers, educate elected officials, inform the public and highlight the skills and services state employees provide.
Over the next few months, CSEU will develop and share a series of videos and content, featuring 517M members and other state employees who go to work each day, just like you, to make our State a better place.
The first SEIU Local 517M video features Public Utilities Engineer, Anna Schiller from the Scientific & Engineering Bargaining Unit.
To keep our Union strong, we ask that you please take a few minutes to reauthorize your union dues deductions. By reauthorizing, you not only secure your membership status until October of 2022 but you send a clear message that state employee unions are stronger than ever. Reauthorization takes about 2 minutes to complete and can be done on work time by calling the MI HR Service Center at 877-766-6447 or by logging on to the HR Self-Service Portal (see instructions below).
How to Reauthorize Union Dues Deductions Utilizing the HR Self-Service Portal
To reauthorize from a computer:
1. Login through the HR Self-Service Portal.
2. From the main screen, in the upper left-hand corner select Bookmarks >> Employee Self-Service >> Pay >> Dues Payroll Deduction.
3. A new screen will open, on the far right select “Re-authorize continued deduction for an additional year through 10/14/2022”, then click the submit button.
4. A new screen will open asking you to authorize your reauthorization. Click authorize.
5. Once completed a confirmation will be sent to your email.